Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blasts from the Past

Maan am I missing good friends.
Some of the perks of living in Inhambane, Mozambique for two years was teaching the students, living right by some of the most beautiful beaches, and having a good laugh with colleagues at work in the office. This phot was taken at the going away party for Daniel, another Mozambican friend. He was off to Europe to get an MA. Time files cause he is finished now and on his way back to Mozambique. Tania is the woman in this picture and she was my closest Mozambican friend. Her office was across from mine and we learned to communicate with eyes only sometimes, depending on who was in the office :) Cabo is the guy that took the photo. He is now getting a Masters in something related to transportation in Brazilia, Brazil. He used to borrow my mountain bike for "exercise" (I think he was going to visit his girlfriends-just kidding), and helped me so much when I had to write reports in Portuguese for school. He is a huge music aficionado and exposed me to many a cool tune. I miss them, but this pic brings back good memories.

The pic below was a little Peace Corps Mozambique (MOZ5) reunion dinner we had in Los Angeles when I went to visit before coming to Angola. Thanks for sending the photo, Lisa. (Lisa and I lived together for two years in Tete, Mozambique),

No comments:

Post a Comment