Tuesday, May 4, 2010

My 4th year class

I have realized that much of what I post is about my life or work, but not a lot includes people. I told my class about it and the said I could take their photo to put on my blog. Here they are...English IV!

Most of them are teachers with over 15 years experience. A few have taught teachers who are professors now at ISCED. During the war teachers were around but not often trained and they were asked to risk life and limb to educate students, or soldiers at the time. The richest experiences I have with these students are when they tell me about their pasts and how hard they have worked to provide for themselves and their families.

Benjamin, Miranda, Helena, Nhenze, Abendego, Luís, Jacob, Jesus, Momas, Emília, Elinda, Firmino, Ngoma, Avelino, & André (Paquissi took the pic)
Ngoma wanted a photo with me to demonstrate his Rasta ideology of Peace and Love. I like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment