Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teacher Training "workshop"

How do you do a practical workshop showing off new methods of assessment--grading students on what they can do, not necessarily the grammar they know in an hour every two weeks?

One of my favorite pastors nowadays is Mark Batterson, of National Community Church in DC, says that it is really important to set some seemingly unattainable goals. This is because if we think they are impossible we must rely on God to work on it. Jesus help me with this. I am really disoriented and overwhelmed, I certainly can't do this on my own.

1 comment:

  1. You'll do fine. I started with the basics of conducting a workshop, then thought about content, and then activities: how interactive did I want the workshop to be? So I thought of group, individual, pairwork and presentations. I started each day with a plenary that would introduce the day's topic and provide background on how activities related to research.

    ReplyDelete