Thursday, April 29, 2010

Korean Food..the cure for what ails me


So, without getting into too many details, I have been experiencing some intestinal issues the way I did when I was in the Peace Corps. Now it is different because I don't have crazy drunk Peace Corps Volunteers to discuss poop stories with. My problems have been going on for over a week and since it is just chronic and not explosive, I haven't gone to the doctor yet although I did de-parasite myself thanks to the local pharmacist just in case. I have been eating rather well--lots of fruits and veggies straight from the farm, but I think my body is just getting used to it. I boil things, wash them with bleach water, and drink bottled water (omg, freaking out because I can't filter or boil for this entire year! I hate buying water but here it is a must).

A few days ago I made some doenjang chigae (Korean soybean paste soup) and I seem to have cured my problems. I sent myself three huge containers of Korean pastes in February. They finally arrived here from Luanda thanks to the dean of ISCED who brought them down for me. Bless the Lord for my Korean food. I think it has cured what ailed me ☺.

No comments:

Post a Comment