Thursday, March 11, 2010

ANELTA Conference in Lubango

I gave a presentation at the ANELTA workshop in Lubango today, the day after I arrived here. About 100 people showed up and after some questioning, I found out that some of them were teachers, some were students at the teacher training college, and others were just high school students who wanted to be teachers in the future. I was also interviewed on television by TPA(Angolan Public Television). I missed seeing it because my hotel didn't have the channel, but apparently it was good. It was in Portuguese and I spoke about what I was doing as an English Language Fellow, what the US Embassy does to improve English teaching in Angola, and in honor or International Women's Day, was asked about the role of women today. I didn't know what to say about that one and probably ended up sounding cliché, but at least I was able to put a sentence together in another language. Well, actually, I was so nervous I don't remember what I said exactly. If I ever get my hands on that tape I promise to upload but only if you watch it and never mention your reaction to me...ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment