Sunday, August 1, 2010

Visit with Anacleto's Family !!!!!!!!!

The Machava crew, as I call them, are led by the patriarch, Anacleto.  Anacleto works in Public affairs and I got to work with him (from far mostly) during my two years as a fellow in Mozambique.  He invited me to Marracuene, 45 minutes outside of Maputo, where he is building a really nice house for his wife, Versinha, and two girls, Verana and Lulú.  He says he only wants to build once in life so he and his wife have put a lot of thought into it.  It is coming along and they hope to be finished in the next two years.  It was a great honor to get out there with everyone.  We just hung out and had a nice lunch and dinner together.  A typical Sunday in Mozambique.  Thanks again Machavas for inviting me.  I will be back.

Family & Friends at sunset on the porch

The front porch

VersinhaBea, her niece, preparing the grill

Little Lulú wanted to feed the chickens, but when the guard brought her in and the hungry little suckers attacked her, she ran for her life!

The table--pork, salad, rice and the best Matapa I have had in a while

They will have a great sunset view every day.  Lulú was a ham and a half.  Work it girl!

Looking and laughing at old photos with Versinha.  I saw pics of a vacation she took to Inhaca Island way back when and thought the young and skinny guy was an ex boyfriend.  Nope, it was Anacleto!  We had a big laugh.

Anacleto descending from the roof, where his future office and rooftop party area will be.

Twas a nice Sunday.  The ladies were pooped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment