Monday, February 22, 2010

Traffic In Luanda

When I got to Luanda, I waited for my bags but they didn't come. I then waited 40 minutes for the helper lady to interview each person whose bags were missing. I was last. When she got to me and looked at my tags, she immediately said that she had my bags in the back. Apparently they had arrived before me. I don't know how that happened. Anyway, I got my three bags and my roll-y carry on and headed out to meet the Embassy folks who were picking me up. I called the Marines at the Embassy the day before announcing that I was going to be a day late but they did not give the message to the right people so, no one was there to meet me. I waited for 30 minutes and after that asked the lady with the nicest face if I could use her phone to call. After talking to the English Program Coordinator, they arrived to get me maybe 30 minutes later.

Before leaving the parking lot, the driver had a small altercation with a traffic officer. The little scrub officer said the car was not allowed to stop in front of the handicap spaces to let the woman who came to pick me up from the airport out. Bull#$%@. Well, it was a short squabble, the Embassy driver got his license back and the scrub officer just walked off the airport property like he was going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment